Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Every Moment Counts

Today was a day in which there with a lot more flow than yesterday! Yippeee! And I re- learned the lesson that every moment counts. I will explain more about that particular moment in a bit.

Backing up to yesterday, the stand, I took that the universe was on my side really paid off. The hiccups in my day were momentary although there were quite a few of them. The Google site for this blog came back up pretty quickly, and the person that I interviewed (the one who's recording was lost) was able to be interviewed again today. So staying in the moment and not letting the situations get the best of me really paid off and everything worked out well.

I am very excited about this interview and indeed, we got even better information the second time around. This one will go straight to publication without any need for editing. The subject is about demystifying intuition. Diane had lots of tools to share to help people get in touch with their intuition and make decisions which are best for them. Several of which I had not used before. I know people are going to find is very helpful. and of course quieting the mind is the groundwork needed for the tools to be effective. This interview will be incorporated into lesson four of Life Transformation Tools and More

On another note, I opened up the webpage to do my meditation first thing this morning to find out that the meditations had been reversed and the short meditation was showing up in the long meditation slot. I quickly e-mailed for support to get that corrected and then went ahead and did my meditation. The concern and yes, panic that I felt quickly dissipated within moments of getting engaged in the meditation.
( I apologize to anyone who was confused and was not able to get the correct meditation yesterday).

But alas, here is where moments count. I was in a hurry-yes I was running late, and I needed to print something out before an appointment. Only to find my printer was out of paper. Without thinking, I quickly grabbed the paper cartridge with my injured arm/hand and managed to hurt it again. I have no idea how I did this except that I was definitely unconscious to have grabbed a printer cartridge with a hand that was in the sling.

So even though I had done the meditation previously, when I got in a hurry. I was no longer in the moment and acted unconsciously in a way that was not for my highest and best.

For me it is also a lesson about not hurrying. I find even with a one minute meditations, sometimes I will rush through them, because I know it so well. But the effect is not nearly as good as if I do the meditation, slowly and really allow myself to be in the moment and get in touch with my higher source.

So the question I am presenting to myself and to all of us now is how to slow down and stay in the moment even between the hours that we do the short meditations.

I know many of you may be saying, "Wait, I'm not even doing the meditations every hour yet. I am lucky if I remember to do it once" No worries. You are still getting benefit no matter how often you do it.

Even though I got out of the moment this morning, I quickly got back into it and the rest of my day flowed very nicely. ( and luckily I don't think I injured my arm badly) So we will all make mistakes, we will all forget sometimes. And it's all okay. Keep learning and growing from this.

And let us know what you are noticing and learning by posting a comment here at www.stillnessexperiment.com.

8 comments:

adriana said...

Tuesday I was crazy busy, as each meditation ended, my phone rang or someone was at the door.
Since the meditations were longer today, I noticed they centered me better than the mini ones, but I realize it takes too long to do 5 min each time...
I noticed I was calmer and enjoyed the ability to center myself. I also found myself thinking more as I worked and the meditation process had me slow down and be more deliberate in my actions, instead of frantically trying to do everything at once.

Viki H. said...

Today was the first day I really got to do the meditation. I had gallbladder surgery on Monday and got home yesterday. In dealing with the pain, I was getting more and more tense and feeling shakey and sick. The meditation really helped to calm me. My shoulders and neck feel more relaxed. And I'm feeling better able to cope with the pain and recovery. I'm hoping to hit every hour today to help me stay in this more mindful and calm state. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

youngtom said...

for some reason this reminds me of a lenard cohen anthem i rediscovered over the weeekend

rings the bells that still can ring

forget the perfect offering

there's a crack in everything

that's how the light gets in

joy said...

I noticed on yesterday that I was more relaxed after about a total of 12 minutes of meditation throughout the day. I started out first thing this morning with my first 5 minute meditation before leaving my home. After driving to work I decided to go in the restroom and take a short 1 minute break that ended up being 4 minutes. Unlike the first two days when I found myself having to bring my attention back to my breaths with concern for the time today I didn’t notice that the time had pasted until I checked the clock. I am no longer finding myself saying has it been a minute yet. I am just enjoying the peace and renewed energy.

Lekita

Anonymous said...

Both Tuesday and Monday were pretty good days for me where I could engage in the stillness exercise every hour. I find that the hourly "check-in" helps to keep me focused on accomplishing things that are important to me rather than letting my time and energy drift. Interestingly, the repetitive eye exercises are also helping me with a vision problem that I have due to a tight eye muscle. That is a BIG hurrah!

Joan said...

The benefit for me on the first day was that doing the meditations gave me permission to pause. When I am focused on getting some task done, I usually keep pushing myself until it's complete, not resting when I am tired. This is how I also managed to injure my shoulder a few weeks ago Stacey, from not listening to my body when it was tired. So, the pause for the 1 minute meditation allows me to tune in to myself and if I need to take a break beyond that I can.

Thanks,

Joan
P.S. Your original e-mail about the experiment with the link to the meditations shows an error message (page cannot be found) now when I click on it. How can I find them again?

Unknown said...

I'm feeling very good after being still for 5 minutes in the morning. During the day is another story, until I received the reminder emails from Stacy! They worked and I'm able to fit in a couple of quiet times during the work day! What a great coming together of souls! Thank You!

Meredith said...

The biggest thing I noticed first off was that when I first closed my eyes on Monday, the colors I saw were reds and oranges but as the meditation progressed they changed to cobalt blues. Each time the blues pulsated inside my eyelids there was a corresponding refreshing coolness feeling.
This has repeated each time I've meditated and gotten the reds/oranges change to blues. Yesterday (Tues.) I got the blues changing into purple and it was so balancing and peaceful.
I love this.

Welcome to the Stillness Experiment

Welcome to all who would like more stillness, peace and joy in their life.

I started this experiment for a variety of reasons. the main reason is that I personally need more structure to remind me to be quiet. And I wanted to structure to be easy to use and not take a lot of time.

I've been a student of stillness for a long time and know its benefits. And yet somehow, I still manage to get out of the habit. I will think I haven't mastered it and don't need to practice any more. But that is only my ego fooling me.

I also started this experiment because I am curious about what would be available if many people around the world were practicing stillness at the same time and for an extended period of time, such as 30 days.

You see when you are still, you are not in resistance. And when we are not in resistance with ourselves or others, what is possible in our lives and in their lives.? And even in the lives of those who do not participate because our energy is connected to others energy.

I had many reasons not to start this experiment. The biggest of which is that I have a shoulder injury/torn rotator cuff. It is very painful at times and is interfering with my sleep. So I thought to myself, how can I possibly be quiet when I am having this much pain?

And then I awakened and remembered that being still is probably the best thing I could do for myself right now. And as I re-engaged in my stillness exercises, I found I was much better able to be with my injury and indeed the pain lessened.

I imagine you have reasons to why this might not be the best time for you to be still or participate in this experiment. I encourage you to think of those reasons, as the very reason for you to participate right now. There is never a great time to do this according to our ego.

There will never be a time; a time when we have nothing going on in our lives. Stillness does not take away from what is going on in your life. Rather, it enhances your life.

You may have a concern about whether you will be able to do this regularl y---to set aside time and to remember to be quiet. for one minute every hour. I encourage you to let go of that concern. You will do what ever you do, and it will be just perfect. Haves the intent to learn from what ever you do and don't do an experiment. I don't know that I will remember or take the time to do it every hour. Even know that if my commitment. And I will notice what comes up to get in my way both inside of me and outside of me. And it will all be very interesting.

I look forward to being on this journey with you. The more the merrier. So please invite your friends to play with us. They can sign up at www.Balancedliving.com/stillness.html.

Warmly,

Stacey