Friday, June 6, 2008

What Else is Possible with Stillness?

Yesterday I talked about the fact that stillness is not a panacea. Today, I would like to focus on what is possible as a result of being still and connected to your inner source.

Many of you have written comments saying how much more calm and relaxed you feel. Even when you are not doing themeditations regularly many of you are experiencing this wonderful, delicious benefit of being still.

And I am starting to see examples of other things you are noticing and am having more wonderful experiences myself.

Here are some examples:
One client had a big breakthrough this week after being still. She got clarity on the career direction she wants to go in. She was led to this idea after reading a couple of chapters in I Can't Believe I Get Paid to Do This and noticing what was missing for her. And she also did some clearing of what was in the way using the letting go of the money struggle program. So there was definitely a combination of things that led to her clarity. Often getting quiet, is just the first step that leads to the other steps we need to deal to get the answers we desire.

Another client experienced an increase in energy every time she does the one minute meditation. This is a big boost to someone who is recovering from a long-term illness

And I read a recent post of someone who was feeling overwhelmed with too much to do, and after meditating, one of her big projects was canceled, giving her the time she needed to take care of other things.

For me I am starting to notice some really fun things. I have been seeking ways to build my own immune system and was led to this wonderful energy script that boosted my immune system by seven points in just five minutes. I am able to measure the efficiency of my immune system using kinesiology. Isn't that cool!

On another note, I'm going to a friends birthday bash in western North Carolina next month and was led to stay at my favorite earth berm house in Asheville even though it is 45 minutes or more away from the party. It's the first time I have ever tried to negotiate a deal and the owner came back with an even lower price than I suggested :-) Talk about feeling right

All of these things and more are possible, from a place of stillness. Notice where you are being led to clarity, where there is more flow and where miracles are showing up. And let us know.


Note that meditation is one tool. It is also important to take care of your body, giving it a healthy diet, rest and exercise. More about that later.

6 comments:

MissLelia said...

Oh yes! Talk about clarity... I'd been bantering back and forth with someone about an issue that we just didn't agree on. After starting this meditation, I finally said to them..."I cannot tell you what to do. You just do whatever you feel is the right thing to do." AND...they did the exact thing I was asking for all along. Meditation calmed me so much that I'm able to think and express myself with a better attitude. I love this!

Robertorum said...

Dear Stacey: Your "Stillness Experiment" is Fantastic. I have problems to follow it every hour but i follow it several times along my day journey. I really think that it is a "Real Panacea" in the sense that it will help me for everything: sleep better, think clearly and faster, .............change what I can change, accept what I can't change and know the difference. God Bless. Roberto (Robertorum: my music nick).

Joan said...

After one week it is now becoming more of a habit to click on the meditation when I am at the computer. It is not every hour, but is several times a day. Since they are short it is easy to do and I enjoy the feeling of stillness.

Anonymous said...

This experiment has truly been a blessing. I have been reading the book "A New Earth" and along with this experiment I am awakening to a new me. I have been able to notice when I am not present and also when my ego interferes with my peace. I am so grateful you had to wisdom and willingness to start this experiment. I get new miracles every day... sometimes multiple times in a day. Thank you.

Carole said...

After 1 week, I am starting to learn to live in the now. The stillness exercise helps me to get in that state. I am reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle, and it seems to go well with this experiment. I am even finding the time to do my yoga now!

Anonymous said...

Hi again Stacey...Again thanks for the stillness.

One comment has been consistently given by some of my trainees and colleagues. This is the quality of the audio. Though they obviously love the voice, many had difficulty understanding the instructions bcause of the audio quality.

In fact, the town mayor, who commissioned me to do the writeshop, tried the experiment on his own. And he ended up...actually touching his arms, legs, torso, neck etc. like he was doing slow calisthenics with eyes closed!

Anyway...that doesnt seem to dampen the serenity the exercise brought.

Namaste!

Joel
Philippines

Welcome to the Stillness Experiment

Welcome to all who would like more stillness, peace and joy in their life.

I started this experiment for a variety of reasons. the main reason is that I personally need more structure to remind me to be quiet. And I wanted to structure to be easy to use and not take a lot of time.

I've been a student of stillness for a long time and know its benefits. And yet somehow, I still manage to get out of the habit. I will think I haven't mastered it and don't need to practice any more. But that is only my ego fooling me.

I also started this experiment because I am curious about what would be available if many people around the world were practicing stillness at the same time and for an extended period of time, such as 30 days.

You see when you are still, you are not in resistance. And when we are not in resistance with ourselves or others, what is possible in our lives and in their lives.? And even in the lives of those who do not participate because our energy is connected to others energy.

I had many reasons not to start this experiment. The biggest of which is that I have a shoulder injury/torn rotator cuff. It is very painful at times and is interfering with my sleep. So I thought to myself, how can I possibly be quiet when I am having this much pain?

And then I awakened and remembered that being still is probably the best thing I could do for myself right now. And as I re-engaged in my stillness exercises, I found I was much better able to be with my injury and indeed the pain lessened.

I imagine you have reasons to why this might not be the best time for you to be still or participate in this experiment. I encourage you to think of those reasons, as the very reason for you to participate right now. There is never a great time to do this according to our ego.

There will never be a time; a time when we have nothing going on in our lives. Stillness does not take away from what is going on in your life. Rather, it enhances your life.

You may have a concern about whether you will be able to do this regularl y---to set aside time and to remember to be quiet. for one minute every hour. I encourage you to let go of that concern. You will do what ever you do, and it will be just perfect. Haves the intent to learn from what ever you do and don't do an experiment. I don't know that I will remember or take the time to do it every hour. Even know that if my commitment. And I will notice what comes up to get in my way both inside of me and outside of me. And it will all be very interesting.

I look forward to being on this journey with you. The more the merrier. So please invite your friends to play with us. They can sign up at www.Balancedliving.com/stillness.html.

Warmly,

Stacey